Revised and effective on 26 July 2022.
- Data We May Collect About You
- How We Collect Data About Your
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
- Your Personal Data Use Choices
- Membership and Affiliations
- Your Privacy Rights
- International Data Transfers
- Data Security and Retention
- Children’s Online Privacy
- Changes To Our Policy
- Contact Us
2. Data We May Collect About You
We collect and use different types of data from and about you including:
- Personal data that we could reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, email address, contact number, billing address, user name or other similar identifier, or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally-identifiable information under applicable law (“personal data“).
- Non-personal data that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, statistics, or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal data. For example, we may aggregate personal data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Web browser information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, or operating system and platform.
- Device and device geolocation information including mobile ID, device type, model, operating system (e.g. iOS/Android), mobile carrier, mobile browser, timestamp, latitude-longitude coordinates obtained through GPS tools, WiFi data, cell tower triangulation or other techniques. These data are obtained from our (a) third-party partners and (b) customers.
- Interest-based information including inferred and actual characteristics or interest data about a consumer such as “fashion lover”, “coffee drinker”, “sports fan” etc. through (a) our technology (b) partner and (c) customers.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through, and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service.
If we combine or connect non-personal, technical, or demographic data with personal data so that it directly or indirectly identifies an individual, we treat the combined information as personal data.
3. How We Collect Data About You
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create an account, subscribe to our service, search for a product, request for video or demo, place an order, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you submit an enquiry or report a problem via our Website.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as specified above. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies (see Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies below).
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or from third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, data brokers, or aggregators.
Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store your preferences so we may customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Show ads to you when we run any advertising campaigns on third-party advertising networks.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click the following button to opt in/out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
You may reject or refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you do reject accepting placement of cookies, certain parts of our Website may become inaccessible and certain features may not work correctly. Unless you adjust your browser settings to reject cookies, our system will issue them. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookie Notice, otherwise you can Customize Cookie Settings on our Website.
Our Website pages and emails may contain web beacons (small transparent embedded images or objects, also known as clear gifs, 1×1 pixel tags, or single-pixel tracker) that permit us, for example, to count website page visitors or email readers, or to compile other similar statistics such as recording Website content popularity or verifying system and server integrity
We do not control how these third-party tracking technologies operate or how they may use the collected data. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Personal Data Use Choices in Section 6.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data to provide you with products, offer you services, communicate with you, deliver advertising and marketing, or to conduct other business operations, such as using data to improve and personalize your experiences. Examples of how we may use the personal data we collect include to:
- Present our Website and provide you with the information, products, services, and support that you request from us.
- Meet our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing or collections, or comply with legal requirements.
- Fulfil the purposes for which you provided the data or that were described when it was collected.
- Notify you about changes to our Website, products, or services.
- Ensure that we present our Website content in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Administer our Website and conduct internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
- Improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- Enable your participation in our Website’s interactive, social media, or other similar features.
- Protect our Website, employees, or operations.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you either for our own advertising purpose or on behalf of our customers, across browsers, apps and devices for cross-app advertising (i.e. across browsers and apps on the same device) or cross-device advertising (i.e. across multiple devices).
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about products or services that may interest you or them.
We may also use personal data to contact you about our own and third-parties’ products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order form or registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Personal Data Use Choices in Section 6.
We may use personal data to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal data for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may use non-personal data (aggregated or anonymized data) for any business purpose.
5. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Our affiliates.
- Business partners, suppliers, service providers, sub-contractors, and other third parties we use to support our business. We contractually require these third parties to keep that personal data confidential and use it only for the contracted purposes. Third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep that personal data confidential and use it only for the contracted purposes. Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant ads to you and others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. Credit reference agencies when required to assess your credit score before entering into a contract with you. To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For any other purposes that we disclose in writing when you provide the data. With your consent. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- Third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep that personal data confidential and use it only for the contracted purposes.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant ads to you and others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Credit reference agencies when required to assess your credit score before entering into a contract with you.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purposes that we disclose in writing when you provide the data. With your consent.
- With your consent.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where one of the transferred assets is the personal data we hold.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of cybersecurity, fraud protection, and credit risk reduction.
6. Your Personal Data Use Choices
- Marketing Communications from Knorex. If you do not want us to use your email address or contact information to promote our own products and services, or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order form or registration form), or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also opt out of further marketing communications by replying to any promotional email we have sent you or following the unsubscribe/opt-out links on that message. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Knorex as a result of a product purchase or service engagement, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Third-Party Advertising If you do not want us to share your personal data with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt in or opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order form or registration form). You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and checking or unchecking the relevant boxes to adjust your account profile’s user preferences, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Interest-based Advertising (IBA) or Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA) IBA/OBA is a technique used to ensure ads that you see are of interest and relevance to you. Information about your online internet activities including growing activity on websites, activities across apps, items you clicked and so on, are collected by us or on behalf of our clients to help us understand your interests better and ultimately serve more relevant ads of ours or of our clients’. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver ads, you can opt out using industry opt-out tools. For this opt-out to function, however, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
7. Memberships and Affiliations
Knorex is a member and active participant of industry associations that promote greater transparency and control for users. Knorex is a member of IAB Europe and IAB UK, and participates in the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework and complies with its Specifications and Policies. Knorex’s identification number within the framework is #325 (as a registered vendor on the Global Vendor List). We also have memberships with Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA), Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC), Joint Industry Committee for Web Standards (JICWEBS), and Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG). Knorex submits to audits by the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC), an independent third party that sets industry standards for media brand measurement across print, digital and events.
8. Your Privacy Rights
You can access, review, and change your personal data by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You can also use our web form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, or delete personal data that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement:
European Economic Area (“EEA”) residents who have their personal information submitted to Knorex by or on behalf of a Knorex customer should contact the relevant Knorex customer directly to exercise their data protection rights under applicable law. Our legal basis for collecting and using EEA residents’ personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will normally collect personal data from you where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal data to fulfill our contractual obligations with you, or where processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. We may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you or to protect the vital interests of another person.
California Privacy Rights Notice (California Residents Only)
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), effective as of January 1, 2020, requires businesses that collect personal information (personal data) of California residents to make certain disclosures regarding how they collect, use, and disclose such information. The categories of personal information we collect about you and the third parties with whom we share that personal information for a business purpose are described in Sections 2, 3, and 4 above. The CCPA gives California residents the right to make the following requests with regards to certain information we collect about them, at no charge, two times every 12 months:
- Right to request a copy of personal information we collected or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to request deletion of personal information we collected, subject to certain exemptions.
- Right to request that we disclose personal information we collect, use, and disclose.
You can submit a copy, deletion, or right-to-know request online by using our web form or by contacting us at email@example.com. Knorex will verify that the information you submit matches our records before we fulfill the request. If you use an authorized agent to submit a rights request on your behalf, we may still contact you to confirm your identity and that this request was submitted with your permission. Knorex does not discriminate against you for exercising your rights or offer you financial incentives related to the use of your personal information.
9. International Data Transfers
10. Data Security and Retention
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We have implemented physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards (based on ISO 27001 industry standards) to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. We store all personal data you provide to us behind firewalls on servers employing security protections. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you our services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
11. Children's Online Privacy
13. Contact Information
1159 Sonora Court
Lionheart Squared (Europe) Ltd
2 Pembroke House
Upper Pembroke Street 28-32
Republic of Ireland
Lionheart Squared Limited
Attn: Data Privacy
17 Glasshouse Studios
Fryern Court Road
Knorex Pte. Ltd.
21 Merchant Road
#04-01 Singapore 058267