Revised and effective on 8 June 2022.
1. Overview and Scope
Knorex is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This Privacy Notice describes how Knorex Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities (collectively, “Knorex,” “we,” or “us”) collect and process personal data about you during the application and recruitment process. This Privacy Notice applies to job applicants only.
This Privacy Notice describes the categories of personal data that we collect, how we use your personal data, how we secure your personal data, when we may disclose your personal data to third parties, and when we may transfer your personal data outside of your home jurisdiction. This Privacy Notice also describes your rights regarding the personal data that we hold about you and how you can access, correct, and request erasure of your personal data.
We will only process your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal data that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and processed for limited purposes.
2. Collection of Personal Data
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, personal data means any information about an identifiable individual collected in connection with the recruitment process. Knorex may collect personal data directly from you, as a job applicant, or may receive personal data from third parties, for example, in connection with a background, employment, or reference check, subject to your consent where required by law. Personal data excludes anonymous or de-identified data that is not associated with a particular individual. We may collect, store, and process the following categories of personal data in connection with our recruiting activities:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Work history and other relevant experience including information contained in a resume, CV, cover letter, or job application.
- Education information including degrees awarded, transcripts, and other information provided in support of the job application.
- Compensation history.
- Information collected during phone screenings and interviews.
- Details regarding the type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate, job preferences, and other information related to compensation and benefits.
- Reference information and information received from background checks, where applicable, including information provided by third parties.
- Information related to previous applications to Knorex or previous employment history with Knorex.
- Any additional personal details that you otherwise voluntarily provide to us.
The provision of full and complete information in support of a job application is necessary for selection purposes. Failure to provide any of the data may affect the processing and outcome of your application.
3. Use of Personal Data
We only process your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law in connection with carrying out our application and recruitment process. We may process your personal data for the following legitimate business purposes:
- Identifying and evaluating job applicants, including assessing skills, qualifications, and interests.
- Verifying your information and carrying out employment, background, and reference checks, where applicable, subject to your consent where required by applicable law.
- Communicating with you about the recruitment process and your application.
- Keeping records related to our hiring processes.
- Creating and submitting reports as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- To comply with our legal, regulatory, or other corporate governance requirements.
- Analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable government requests.
- To protect the rights and property of Knorex, other job applicants, employees, or the public, as required or permitted by law.
In addition to using your personal data for the position for which you have applied, we may retain and use your personal data to inform you about and consider you for other positions that may be appropriate for you. If you do not want us to consider you for other positions or would like us to remove your personal data, you may contact us as specified below under Contact Us.
We will only process your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it unless otherwise required by applicable law. If we need to process your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will provide notice to you and, if required by law, seek your consent. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where required by applicable law or regulation.
4. Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Data
The following categories of personal data may be considered sensitive under the laws of your jurisdiction and may receive special protection:
- Race or ethnic origin.
- Political opinions.
- Religious, philosophical, or moral beliefs.
- Trade union membership.
- Social welfare, sexual life, or sexual orientation.
- Physical or mental health or condition.
- Unlawful or objectionable conduct, criminal charges, or convictions.
- Biometric information.
- Genetic data.
We may collect and process the following categories of sensitive personal data when you voluntarily provide them or we receive them from a third party with your consent, when relevant for a particular position, and as permitted by applicable law.
- Physical or mental health or condition or disability status to determine appropriate workplace accommodations and evaluate fitness for a particular position.
- Race or ethnic origin to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
- Unlawful or objectionable conduct, criminal charges, or convictions to evaluate fitness for a particular position.
Where we have a legitimate need to process your sensitive personal data for purposes not identified above, we will only do so only after providing you with notice and, if required by law, obtaining your consent.
5. Data Sharing
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties where required by law or to our employees, contractors, designated agents, or third-party service providers who require such information to assist us with administering the recruitment process, including third-party service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf. We may use third-party service providers for various purposes, including, but not limited to, obtaining employment verification and background checks. These third-party service providers may be located outside of the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
We require all our third-party service providers, by written contract, to implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal data consistent with our policies and any data security obligations applicable to us. We do not permit our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose your personal data for the following additional purposes where permitted or required by applicable law:
- To other members of our group of companies (including outside of your home jurisdiction) for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and as necessary to administer the application and recruitment process.
- As part of our regular reporting activities to other members of our group of companies.
- To comply with legal obligations or valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas, or court orders. When we disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation or legal process, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that we only disclose the minimum personal data necessary for the specific purpose and circumstances.
- To protect the rights and property of Knorex.
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of persons.
- Where the personal data is publicly available.
- If a business transfer or change in ownership occurs.
- For additional purposes with your consent where required by law.
6. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Where permitted by applicable law, we may transfer the personal data we collect about you to the United States and other jurisdictions that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We have implemented data transfer agreements to secure the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other jurisdictions.
7. Data Security
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security measures designed to secure your personal data against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
8. Data Retention
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
If you are offered and accept employment with Knorex, the personal data we collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record and we may use it in connection with your employment consistent with our employee personal data policies. If you do not become an employee, or, once you are no longer an employee of Knorex, we will retain and securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our document retention policy and applicable laws and regulations.
9. Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Objection
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during the recruitment process. By law you may have the right to request access to, correct, or erase the personal data that we hold about you or object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances. If you want to review, verify, correct, request erasure of your personal data, or object to the processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such communication must be in writing. We may charge you a fee to respond to your request, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance. Depending on the jurisdiction where you are located, some of these rights may not apply.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and verify your rights, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or respond to your request. Applicable law may allow or require us to deny your request, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal data anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot respond to your request, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
10. Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your personal data, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time. If we would like to use your previously collected personal data for different purposes than those we notified you about at the time of collection, we will provide you with notice and, where required by law, seek your consent, before using your personal data for a new or unrelated purpose. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where required by applicable law or regulation.
12. Contact Information
- 1159 Sonora Court, Suite 122, Sunnyvale, California 94086, United States (for U.S. persons)
- 21 Merchant Road, #04-01 Singapore 058267 (for non-U.S. persons)
Our Global Data Protection Officer can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an unresolved privacy concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may also contact your local data protection authority.