Revised and effective on 5 May 2020.
We at Knorex (“Knorex”, “Knorex Affliates”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) understands your need for online privacy as a a user or customer of our products and services, or a viewer of our ad units used to promote our advertising clients products or services on our marketing partner websites (collectively, the “Services”).
- What information that we collect about you
- How we use the collected information
- How we store and protect it
- How we share it, in some instances
- How you can access and control your information
- and other related privacy information
Information We Collect
We collect personal data or information about you when you provide it to us or when you use the Services. The personal information is described below:
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII). PII is specific information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. Such PII may include, but not limited to your name, company name, address, email address, phone, and other contact information. The amount and type of information that we gather may vary depending on the nature of your interaction with the Websites.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information (NPII) or pseudonymous information. NPII is information other than PII, including aggregate information derived from PII, that may allow for singling out individual behaviours without directly identifying the individual e.g. device ID, online identifiers (e.g. cookie ID, mobile advertising ID, IP address) or any other technical identifiers. Such information also include what we record in our server logs typically made available by your web browser when you use or access the Websites, for instance, browser type, date/time of visit, IP address, computer information, operating system, referrer addresses, and other generally-accepted log information.
We do not collect sensitive data, as defined by GDPR (See GDPR Article 4(1)), that refers to information that reveals the race or ethnic, religion or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political affiliation, trade union membership, health/medical status or information, genetic/biometric data.
Use, Protection and Disclosure of Your Information
Unless you voluntarily provide PII to us, for instance via our contact form, email and survey, or insofar as we find it necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of interaction, we do not ask you nor do we collect such information from you. If you have supplied your email address to us, for instance to subscribe to our newsletter, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or update you of our development and products.
We may retain and use your personal information, PII or NPII separatley, or together, as aggregated form (no individual records), to create derivative works derived from your access and use of the Websites for business purposes such as sales, marketing, product innovation, support and operation improvement. From time to time, we may share aggregated and non-specific information with our marketing partners, advertising customers as well as other unaffiliated reputable third parties for analysis, reporting and accounting purposes. The information may also be used to advise and help our investors and prospective investors to understand our business.
We may disclose your information only to our employees, trusted third-parties under our instructions (for instance, web hosting, email provider and so on) and affiliated organizations or subsidiaries that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide the Websites and related services, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, trusted third-parties and affiliated organizations or subsidiaries may be located outside of your home country. In such case the organization receiving your personal data will have provided to us adequate safeguards. We do not share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. In the event of merger, dissolution or a sale of all or partial of our assets, such personal data as part of our assets, we reserve the right to disclose or transfer your personal data to the purchaser. You will be notified via email and/or a notice on our Websites in such event and choices available to you on your personal data.
We may also be compelled to disclose your personal information as required by applicable law or by proper legal or governmental authority. We will attempt to notify you via email or via our website of any such legal or governmental demand. We also may disclose your information when we have reason to believe that someone is or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
Our Services may include links or direct you to other websites whose privacy policies will differ from ours. Your privacy practice shall be governed by their privacy policies if you visit those sites.
Cookie and Opt Out
As required by applicable law, including the U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield Framework, upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may request to access, update or deletion of your PII by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to these requests within a reasonable timeframe.
Security and Retention
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. While we have implemented reasonable and appropriate measures designed to prevent unauthorized access, and to protect and secure your personal information, we cannot guarantee the accidental or unlawful loss, access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding that, You shall also take precautionary and adopt industry best practices in preventing any such breach. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby disclaim any liability related to a security breach or loss of your information.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We are committed to use your data in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to laws governing privacy and data protection.
Changes to this Policy
Attention to: Knorex Privacy Team
- 1159 Sonora Court, Suite 122, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, USA
- 8 Cross Street, #18-01 Singapore 048424